Liver and onions, as a traditional English dish,
is enjoyed widespread popularity ,
Celebrate the National Liver and Onions day on May 10th!
Did you know…
- Liver and onions is a favorite in the UK and in Germany, where it is usually eaten along with boiled or mashed potatoes.
- Lamb’s liver is the usual choice in the UK and is often accompanied by fried bacon.
- In the French traditional recipe the liver is fried with butter and lard.
- In Catalan cuisine olive oil is used, instead of butter, and fried garlic is added to the mixture.
- In the USA, liver and onions as a dish once enjoyed widespread popularity and could usually be found at family diners and American home-style restaurants. This meal is currently more common to the cuisines of the southern and upper mid-western style foods.
Today’s Food History
- 1566 R.I.P. Leonhard Fuchs. He was a German botanist who…
View original post 125 more words